Aircraft wheels and Brakes workshop supervisor
RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
Job Title: Aircraft wheels and Brakes workshop supervisor
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Department: Maintenance and Engineering
Key duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, budget and control expenditure within his area of control in order to maintain the business profitability
- Set up maintenance and procedures in the workshop to meet Rwandair and RCAA requirement. He/she must ensures compliance with the workshop plans.
- Carry out maintenance, repair and overhaul of wheels and brakes in accordance with approved technical data and company procedures
- Properly maintain and preserve shop tools and equipment
- Maintain up to date approved technical data and shop records
- Develop and implement systems and procedures in order to enhance the industry safety procedures.
- Report any incidents and safety hazards in his area
- Timely development of manpower resources and the state of the art facilities and equipment in the workshop in order to maintain and improve on workshops turnaround times.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned to him that are relevant to his position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in aircraft maintenance engineering at a recognize technical college
- Basic training on aircraft wheels and brakes maintenance
- Basic None destructive testing (NDT) and aircraft system course will be an added advantages
- Minimum of 8 years hands on experience in wheels and brakes workshop of an airlines/ MRO.
- Maximum of 25 years of age.
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of the national identity card;
- Two passport photos;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is April 6 ,2017 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or on below email address.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.