JOB TITLE: Logistics Officer
SECTION: Transport, Customers, Stores
Overall administration and coordination of all company stores and inventory management functions including logistics customer import/ export and staff Transportation and accounting for company assets.
1.1.1 Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, Logistics systems, import or export, or customer issues.
- Assesses and organizes logistics in terms of transport, storage/distributions and customs requirements and establishes proper warehousing and recording systems including assets;
- Ensure Carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery; Coordinate the shipping, handling, and inspection of company procured supplies and equipments.
- Collaborate with other department to integrate logistics with Business systems or processes.
- Looking for better service provider that value excludes from procurement processes.
- Receiving LPOs from procurement office for office stationeries, office upkeep ,Fuel Conception and all other items to be stored in the commercial store and ensure logistics team acknowledge on delivery note
- Ensuring standard services are timely delivered and kept.
- Organize trainings for logistics staff with Logistics Manager coordination’s
- Negotiate transportation, Car maintenance, and all logistics related rates or services.
- Implement specific custom requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transport and other logistics domain.
- Develop plans or set goals to reduce company expenses with storage or other logistics activities.
- Making regular spot checks on inventory levels for each logistics unity to avoid material crisis or any shortage hence keeping consumption records or trend for each department
- Conduct and submit a monthly report to the directly supervisor.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by your line manager
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships, developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ensure that relief material forwarded to projects has been received and properly accounted for their destinations, and in case of loss or damage follow up with clearing agents, shipping and insurance companies in liaison with SMS;
- Making decisions and solving problems, Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Leadership skills
- Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Service focused
- Innovative and Proactive
- Communication and interpersonal skills
1.1.3. Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- University degree
- Logistics (Stock Management and Logistics related)
- Administration procedures
- Process oriented
- Experienced planning and managing human resources and company equipment.
Interested persons, who meet the conditions, should submit their application letters addressed to General Manager Human Resources, not later than January 18, 2016 at 16:00pm
GM Human Resources
Kigali International Airport
P.O Box 7275 Kigali – Rwanda
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.